Skilled Nursing Facility located in Tomball, TX is currently seeking a skilled Maintenance Director with proven experience to ensure the building(s), equipment and utilities are maintained in good working order and facility grounds are properly maintained in accordance with facility policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise other staff in the day-to-day facility operations of assigned areas.
- Make job assignments and set priorities. Orientate new staff and participate in recruitment and selection.
- Communicate policies, assist and coach as needed. Monitor work assignments, provide feedback, evaluate performance, and discipline as needed.
- Maintain records, manage budgets and supplies, and fulfill department head responsibilities.
- Ensure equipment and work areas are clean, safe and orderly; strict adherence to procedures regarding cleaners, hazardous materials or objects; ensure Standard precautions and infection control, isolation, fire, safety and sanitation practices and procedures are followed; and promptly address any hazardous conditions and equipment.
- Assist others as requested and function as a working supervisor in all areas of responsibility as the department’s budgeted hours and work load require.
- Perform minor repairs and supervise the day-to-day repair, improvement and preventive maintenance of the building, equipment, lawn and grounds; arrange for the outside repair, maintenance and construction services according to procedures; and may perform and supervise floor care.
STAFF DEVELOPMENT FUNCTION: Conduct, attend and participate in orientation, training, in-service education activities and staff meetings.
FUNCTION: Understand, comply with and promote all rules regarding residents’ rights.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS: Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: Monday to Friday, On call Weekends