Cenikor is a non-profit organization and one of the largest substance abuse treatment centers in the nation. We are currently seeking Full-time and Temporary Collections Specialists for our Corporate office in the Memorial area of Houston, TX.
The Collections Specialist is responsible for communication with carriers, payors, clients, facilities and management at all levels to get maximum payment on accounts. Identify and resolve issues or changes to achieve client profitability, as well as complete resolution on denials.
Pay: $17.00 and up / Hour - D.O.E
Job Type: Full-time or Temporary
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Conduct general financial management of patient accounts.
- Review coding information for procedures performed and diagnosis on charge, comparing to payor specific coding rules.
- Research, analyze and resolve outstanding customer/insurance balances to ensure claims payment.
- Work and communicate with supervisor, managers and all insurance staff in regards to claims bill-ing changes or trends.
- Appeal and resolve outstanding claims resulting from denials, wrong insurance, etc.; escalate ap-peals to all available insurance companies.
- A/R collection efforts, file proof of claims and handle legal/ TDI correspondence.
- Post insurance & patient payments accurately and assist supervisor/manager in resolving disputes.
- Handle patient account inquires by researching, resolving or referring to the manager.
- Work directly with patients to resolve past due self-pay balances, and meet deadlines and goals on a consistent basis.
- Conduct follow up calls to maintain patient balances and/ or payment arrangements; locate and no-tify insurance patients and other payers’ accounts by mail, telephone, email, and any other means necessary to solicit payment.
- Review and document work performed/action taken on AR Aging Report amounts on the over/un-der payment report; contact payer or patient as appropriate.
- Maintain fax logs, phone logs for insurance reference.
- Audit contractual adjustments and ensure that the approval process for adjustments is followed.
- Prepare, review and send patient statements.
- Uphold the core principles of Cenikor’s culture and create a positive working environment for all team members. Be able to effectively communicate the core principles of Cenikor’s culture to can-didates during interview process.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and consistent with the non-exempt functions as defined in this job description.
Drug Free Workplace
Equal Opportunity Employer