Ensure that all mechanical and non-mechanical equipment in the meat processing room is maintained in a fully functional and operating condition during the afternoon and evening shift.
Reports to: Maintenance Manager and Maintenance Director.
Internal Contacts: Indirect relationships with all Plant, Warehouse, and Management.
Primary Job Duties
- Repair and perform periodic preventive maintenance on meat processing room equipment using hand tools and power tools in a timely manner.
- Perform preventative maintenance on production equipment and document as required.
- Be able to trouble shoot all plant equipment.
- Trouble shoot electrical and mechanical on all equipment and some utility equipment and able to complete repairs timely.
- Be able to analyze equipment in order to determine parts list for repairs on equipment.
- Cross-Training to be able to perform start-up procedures in the meat processing room each morning.
- Ensure that all production is functional and running.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must be able to work in conditions of extreme variations of temperatures. Frozen, dry warehouse and office environments.