Grounds Worker - Athletics Department
Reports To: Manager of Athletic Grounds
Classification: Auxiliary (Skilled Labor)
Wage/Hour Status: Non-exempt
Salary: See Compensation Plan for Auxiliary Pay Plan, Pay Grade 302
- Responsible for maintaining the grounds of all facilities in a pleasing and professional manner, conducive to a better educational environment.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Grounds and Landscaping:
- Maintain grounds in a manner to maximize their use.
- Mow and detail all district grounds, including athletic fields.
- Care for trees, shrubs and flowers by watering, pruning, fertilizing, mulching, caring for beds and controlling weeds.
- Plant shrubs and vegetation.
- Collect and dispose of leaves, dirt, rubbish and refuse from district facilities.
- Operate tools and equipment according to prescribed safety procedures.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
- Help keep vehicle, equipment and tools in safe operating condition.
- Inspect and adjust tools and equipment for safety and efficiency and perform preventive maintenance as needed.
- Transport workers and equipment to work sites throughout the district.
- Transport and/or set up equipment for social, athletic or other SBISD activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Tractor and mower, riding and power mower, gas-powered weed trimmer, blower, edger, sprayer, striping machine, garden and hand tools, posthole auger, aerator. Light truck or van.