At Maldonado’s we’re inspired daily to continue building on our founding principle of providing our team the opportunity to grow and become the best person they can be, so that together, we can effect positive change in our families, our industry, our communities, and our environment.
We are currently seeking an experienced Landscape & Irrigation Superintendent for our Houston, TX region.
Plans, directs and coordinates activities pertaining to the construction, renovation and maintenance of an assigned contract in accordance with company policies, contract documents and governmental regulations.
- Coaching, evaluating and training staff and field workers in the performance of landscape construction services.
- Conduct field training of landscape and irrigation construction personnel.
- Supervise multiple landscape & irrigation installation projects of all sizes.
- Inspecting all field work; analyzing and resolving problems
- Ensuring that all construction services are delivered according to contract specifications, within budget and on schedule.
- Evaluate project site conditions (surveying experience) that include the assessment of current topographies and soil conditions and reports to the project manager prior to the commencement of work.
- Work with ‘project/branch manager’ to track all expenses on jobs, ensuring proper entry of time, materials and subcontractors for each.
- Managing labor force to ensure labor budgets are on track
- Responsible for dispatch of labor and equipment to job sites
- Evaluating employee safety data and promoting safe work practices or conditions; ensuring employees attend weekly safety meetings
- Attend pre-construction meetings with General Contractors and architects onsite before start of job.
- Communicate with contract administrator and project/branch manager regarding all applicable permits, utility locates and inspections prior to execution, ensuring internal digging permits are processed and in the file.
- Ensure all subcontractors and purchase orders are maintained, managed and aligned with each project.
- Manage sourcing and procurement for materials on projects.
- Schedule of crews for days and weeks ahead, effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure all projects, current or within warranty period, are being maintained and watered properly.
- Act as quality control for all job site installations and attend all punch walks for the project.
- Conduct "in-house" walk through upon completion of each job, to include assembly and completion of punch-list items in preparation for substantial completion walk-through.
- Responsible for managing and approving all crews’ timesheets and vacation requests.
- Ensure that repairs to equipment and vehicles are completed in a timely manner.
- Follow all safety protocols for reporting any accidents and ensure safety policies are being followed.
- Responsible for ensuring all crews have returned to the office and ensuring all trucks and gates are secured.
- Adhere by and enforce all company policies.
- Must uphold company policies, procedures and company core values at all times
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with landscape, concrete, irrigation and construction production techniques.
- Minimum of 5 years managing and leading construction production teams on a General Contractor level.
- Proficient with computer software programs including MS Office suite Word, Excel and Outlook
- Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture, Civil Engineering, Construction Science, Construction Management highly preferred
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Expert knowledge of construction tools, machinery and equipment
- Customer service experience
- Ability to lead numerous field laborers/foreman in order to ensure job completion.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Successful completion of industry-related training programs such as OSHA training etc.
- Landscape & Irrigation certifications are a plus.
- Bilingual Spanish a plus
- Experience managing multiple projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work extended hours as required
- Valid Driver’s License
- Benefits package to include (based on election and dates of eligibility): Retirement Plan (401K), Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance.
- We offer opportunity for future career growth, paid company holidays & vacation based on dates of employment.
- Salary: Based on experienced and certifications