- Exceptional customer service skills are needed. Must be available at least two Saturday per year for training purposes.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); over one year up to and including three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to read maps and follow directions.
- Must be familiar with State and local traffic laws, ordinances, and regulations involved in the operation of vehicles.
- 30 days of hands on operation of passenger vehicle as defined by Class B CDL with passenger endorsement.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license and meet the requirements of the Township’s Driver Safety Policy.
- Must possess or obtain a Class B CDL with passenger endorsement within the 180-day probationary period and maintain such throughout employment.
TESTING AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must pass a DOT drug screen.
The Texas Administrative Code (2) requires that individuals holding a CDL must have 20/40 or better vision in both eyes, and not be colorblind. An individual may apply for a vision waiver if they have 20/40 or better distant binocular accuracy with or without corrective lenses. Hearing requirements include being able to detect vehicle horns, emergency vehicle sirens, and train signals. The Texas Administrative Code (2) requires that individuals holding a CDL have good hearing.