Groome Transportation's AUBURN Location - is NOW HIRING Drivers!!
Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia and operating across 16 states, Groome Transportation is a very successful specialty ground transportation company providing medium- to long-haul scheduled van service between major airport "hubs" and distant regional markets (the "Airport Shuttle" division). Groome generates best-in-class profitability, reflecting the value of its services to its customers and its efficient operations.
Ideal job for Retirees, Veterans, Part-/Full-time employees!
Full-time benefits offered, evening and weekend work available, great tips!
The Driver will be required to drive a passenger shuttle bus to and from the airport, providing excellent customer service through assisting passengers and their luggage on and off vehicles. Responsible for the safe and comfortable operation of the vehicle.
Role and Responsibilities
- Perform required pre-trip inspection per company and FMCSA specifications
- Provide excellent customer service
- Responsible for keeping assigned vehicle clean inside and out and odor free
- Assist passengers and their luggage on and off the vehicle
- Operate the vehicle in a safe and comfortable manner as instructed by Driver Trainer and safe driver training, obeying all state and federal regulations regarding commercial motor vehicle operations
- Responsible for the proper and safe loading of luggage and packages in to the vehicle
- Transfer luggage, able to safely lift 50 lbs.
- Prolonged sitting/driving for up to 10 hours per day with minimal breaks
- Work varied shifts as needed
- Fuel shuttle as needed (applicable by location)
- Prolonged standing outdoors in all weather conditions
- Communication with Dispatchers both in person and over the radio regarding location, road/weather conditions and any problems that may arise
- Perform location specific duties such as facility clean up, parking lot clean up, or other duties as directed by Operations Manager and/or Dispatchers
- Perform other duties as required