Groome Transportation is Now Hiring Full-Time CDL Bus Drivers for our Atlanta Campus Operations!!!
The ideal candidate must be available to work 25-35 hours per week Monday through Friday.
Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia and operating across 16 states, Groome Transportation is a very successful specialty ground transportation company providing closed-loop campus shuttle services contracted with academic and institutional clients (the "Contract" division). Groome generates best-in-class profitability, reflecting the value of its services to its customers and its efficient operations.
Ideal job for Retirees, Veterans, Part-/Full-time employees!
Full-time benefits offered and evening work available!
Driver will be required to drive a shuttle bus on a fixed route with assigned stops while also providing excellent customer service. Responsible for the safe and comfortable operation of the vehicle.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all passengers receive safe, reliable customer-oriented transportation throughout the shift
- Using the Smith System for defensive driving and other driver training materials that have been provided, ensure that the vehicle is operated in a safe manner at all times
- Accept direction from dispatch and pick up riders as directed
- Greet passengers and thank passengers in a friendly manner as they enter and exit the bus
- Ability to uphold company standard for customer service, including proper phone and bus etiquette
- Responsible for keeping assigned vehicle clean inside and out and odor free
- Ability to climb into bus
- Frequent opening and closing of doors
- Ability to operate ADA equipment, lifts and wheelchair securement
- Attend staff meetings and safety trainings as required
- Report for work on time and in uniform for every shift
- Possible on-call as required during inclement weather
- Communication with Dispatchers both in person and over the radio
- Complete driver logs, if required
- Complete and turn in Vehicle Inspections as required by DOT (DVIRs)
- Perform location specific duties such as facility clean up, parking lot clean up, or other duties as directed by Operations Manager and/or Dispatchers
- Advise manager of any accidents or incidents per company policy
- Perform other duties as required