Retail Yard Leader
McCoy's Building Supply
- Assigns job tasks to yard and delivery employees according to receiving and delivery schedules and customer traffic. Supervises employees in the accomplishment of assigned duties.
- Assists customer in loading purchased materials safely and accurately into customer's vehicle. Verifies load ticket to ensure accuracy with purchased materials. Ensures that yard employees follow established loading and ticket procedures as listed in the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Unloads or oversees the unloading of incoming product and proper storage of product. Checks yard tickets to make certain product is correct by customer, type of product and quantity.
- Ensures proper loading of merchandise to conformance of loading patterns, weight distribution requirements and to prevent shifting or damage to materials or products during transit.
- Provides customer service for retail and contractor customers.
- Answers questions, identifies and directs customer to building materials and supplies in the yard and warehouse.
- Organizes yard layout according to existing product needs.
- Oversees yard inventory and notifies Store Inventory Coordinator or management so that inventory may be adjusted accordingly when necessary.
- Communicates company policies to employees and facilitates training and compliance.
- Establishes or adjusts work schedules to meet payroll parameters in the operation of the yard while maintaining customer service levels.
- Recommends measures to improve productivity, reduce losses, maximize equipment performance, and improve quality of service.
- Listens to and resolves service complaints. Assist other yard employees in resolving customer complaints. Informs store management or personnel of any customer complaints or requests in a timely manner.
- Work with and through managers and other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual areas.
- Maintains the cleanliness and appearance of the yard by keeping ground free of clutter including bands, chocks and trash. Ensures work areas are clear of trash, weeds and other obstacles to allow customers to shop easily and safely and provides a safe work environment.
- Maintains inventory and displays within assigned area to merchandising standards by stocking, facing, straightening, and cleaning or any other task necessary to maintain appearance and salability of items. Ensures that yard employees cover exposed materials, when required, to prevent weather damage.
- Ensures that yard employees square stack materials on display to maintain safe and orderly conditions in all areas on a daily basis.
- Completes required inspections and forms to comply with fleet maintenance program. Ensures maintenance is performed on vehicles as needed. Maintains vehicle and equipment records.
- Completes duties and responsibilities of forklift operators and truck drivers as needed.
- Complies with and ensures that all yard employees comply with company safety standards.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures while carrying out the responsibilities of position.
- Attends all store meetings and training sessions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Apply NowApply Now