Argos, with over 80 years in the market, has become a benchmark in the industry of cement, ready mix concrete and aggregates through our operations in Colombia, the United States, Central America and the Caribbean. Our business model focuses on the client and on sustainable development, which means it is economically viable, respects people, and is environmentally friendly and responsible.
General purpose of the job
Responsible for all aspects of sales/revenue generation within his/ her sales area; from lead generation through collection while maintaining and improving on current customer relationships within their sales area. Results are measured through the achievement of budgeted EBITDA, volume and revenue, while maintaining, average selling price, market share, superior customer service/relations and profitability. Additionally responsibilities include promoting a Culture of Safety and implement all required safety policies and procedures
- Health and Safety: Demonstrate a commitment to communicating, improving, and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas. Ensures all aspects of his/her role are executed in a safe manner. Obeys safety guidelines when on construction sites and Argos operations.
- Sales Area focus: Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts to be made. Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity. Identify sales prospects and contact these and other accounts as assigned. Prepare presentations, proposals and sales contracts. Develop and maintain sales materials and current product knowledge. Establish and maintain current client and potential client relationships. Prepare new account / Credit paperwork to activate and maintain contract services. Tracks planned and negotiated projects. Reviews specifications, quotes, follows-up and comes to conclusion on all bid projects. Quotes prices and credit terms; prepares proposals and contracts for orders obtained. Collects past due customer accounts and helps resolve customer-related issues
- Sales & Marketing Business Cycle: Keep information pertaining to market share, selling price, job closings, customer segmentation, etc and use this information to price projects with the ongoing supervision of the Sales Manager. Also responsible for identifying working with and tracking projects in the early stage of development. Track and report all jobs won or lost and follow market share.
- Strategy: Creates clear business strategy for key accounts (e.g. increase share, account penetration, protect existing base, etc.) Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
- Value Added Products (VASP): Promote special product sales by working closely with the customer to identify specific issues / problems that can be addressed through the use of Argos VASPs. Help customers obtain concrete information and strengthen customer relations through value added marketing and branded products to make company supplier of choice. Promotes VASP’s through lunch and learns, placer days, etc.
- Customer Orientation: Communicate with customers about any concrete irregularities and with the help of various support staff to identify and resolve client concerns / issues to both parties satisfaction. Process customer project contracts to ensure proper pricing for correct mixes to avoid charge backs and unhappy customers. Assist in any Q.C. concerns with customers and resolve in a timely manner. Works positively and as a team member with management, dispatch and plant personnel.
- Communication: Obtain information for the credit department and resolve any issues pertaining to credit and accounts receivable. Help operations on-site to schedule and direct deliveries.
- Reporting, Budgeting & Forecasting: provides accurate forecast / backlog reports across customer portfolio. Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
- Systems & Processes: Computer usage for email, quoting, spreadsheets, contracts etc.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
Technical knowledge and certifications
Training: sales experience in construction with exposure to Project Management, Sales and Estimating
Technical knowledge and certifications: MS Office
Area of experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace diversity in all aspects of our business.