Argos, with over 80 years in the market, has become a benchmark in the industry of cement, ready mix concrete and aggregates through our operations in Colombia, the United States, Central America and the Caribbean. Our business model focuses on the client and on sustainable development, which means it is economically viable, respects people, and is environmentally friendly and responsible.
The Yardman / Front End Loader (FEL) Operator performs hands-on operation of front end loaders and other plant equipment used in the loading and unloading of concrete aggregate materials at the plant. Maintains and repairs equipment and building operations, including ready-mix plant, recycler, and other miscellaneous equipment. Occasionally oversees the daily operations of the plant occasionally in the absence of the Plant Manager..
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Complies with all safety procedures.
• Operate front-end loader for yard cleanup, loading vehicles, the plant and load dump truck with recycled material
• Weld and cut on equipment when necessary
• Perform regular preventive maintenance on ready-mix plant, conveyor, mixer, loader and recycler such as oiling, greasing, and changing filters
• Deslug ready-mix plant at end of day
• Perform emergency maintenance and troubleshooting such as welding, replacing parts, changing bags on dust collector when necessary
• Perform general cleanup of plant and yard, such as shoveling and sweeping
• Perform metal fabrication for plant operations
• Complete all paperwork required by employer.
• Must have 2 years of experience in high volume use of a front end loader.
• Experience working in construction industry, especially ready mix concrete industry, strongly preferred.
• Able to work in a wide variety of work environments and weather conditions.
• Speak, read, write, and understand English.
• Able to follow instructions and resolve problems effectively and quickly.
• Expertise in welding and cutting with a torch
• Expertise in maintenance of equipment such as air compressors, mixers, vibrators, conveyors, motors, and other miscellaneous equipment
• Willing to work overtime as needed.
Technical knowledge and certifications
Area of experience
Experience working in construction industry, especially ready mix concrete industry, strongly preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace diversity in all aspects of our business.