The primary purpose of your job position is to prepare food in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, with our established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the Head Cook and/or Dietary Manager, to assure that quality food service is provided at all times.
- Prepare meals in accordance with planned menus.
- Prepare and serve meals that are palatable and appetizing in appearance.
- Serve food in accordance with established portion control procedures.
- Prepare food for therapeutic diets in accordance with planned menus.
- Prepare and serve snacks.
- Inspect special diet trays to assure that the correct diet is served to the resident.
- Process diet changes and new diets as received from Nursing Services.
- Dispose of food and waste in accordance with established policies.
- Ensure that the department is maintained in a clean and safe manner by assuring that necessary equipment and supplies are maintained.
- Others duties as deemed necessary and appropriate, or as may be directed by the Dietary Manager and/or Administrator.
Regent Care Centers is committed to being an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, disability, age or national origin or any other protected status.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) year food preparation experience in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related medical facility preferred (but not necessary).
- Must be able to cook a variety of foods in large quantities.
- Must be knowledgeable of food procedures.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, the appearance of work areas, and perform regular inspections
Regent Care Centers® offers a competitive compensation and benefit package for Full Time employees that includes:
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company-Paid Life insurance
- Flexible Spending for Medical and Dependent Care
- 401(K) Matching contributions up to 4%
Part Time employees are offered limited PTO, limited Paid Holidays, and 401k benefits. PRN employees are offered 401k benefits.
Regent Care Centers® is committed to being an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, disability, age or national origin or any other protected status.