$2,500 SIGN ON BONUS
The primary purpose of your job position is to provide primary skin care to residents under the medical direction and supervision of the residents’ attending physicians, the Director of Nursing Services, and/or the Medical Director of the facility, with an emphasis on treatment and therapy of skin disorders. You will also assist in modifying the treatment regimen to meet the physical and psychosocial needs of the resident, in accordance with established medical practices and the requirements of this state and the policies and goals of this facility. Other duties may be assigned as necessary, including nursing and administrative services.
- Confer with the Director of Nursing Services and/or other licensed nursing personnel regarding dermatologic disorders/skin conditions of residents in the facility.
- Consult with the Care Planning Team concerning assessment evaluations and assist in planning and developing the skin care treatment to be performed for the resident.
- Examine the resident and his/her records and charts, and discriminate between normal and abnormal findings, in order to recognize when to refer the resident to a physician for evaluation, supervision, or directions.
- Provide assessment and diagnostic services to residents. Perform an assessment evaluation using techniques including observation, inspection, and palpation.
- Identify, manage, and treat specific skin disorders and primary and secondary lesions, such as skin abrasions, foot problems such as corns and callouses, decubitus ulcers, bacterial, parasitic and viral skin infections, scaling papular diseases, and benign tumors.
- Ensure that residents with decubitus ulcers receive appropriate prophylaxis and treatment, such as daily inspection, turning and activity, a well-planned diet, and maintaining a clean, dry bed.
- Give direct physical and psychological nursing care in emergencies, as well as in the presence of illness or disability in order to maintain life, provide comfort, reduce stress, and enhance the resident’s ability to cope.
- Provide preventive health care services. Make recommendations to the resident concerning nutrition, prevention of common skin disorders, etc.
- Provide information to resident and family members of prevention techniques and other ways to maintain or improve the general health and psychosocial status of the resident.
- Perform administrative duties such as completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc.
- All other duties as assigned by Director of Nursing and/or Administrator.
Regent Care Centers® offers a competitive compensation and benefit package for Full Time employees that includes:
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company-Paid Life insurance
- Flexible Spending for Medical and Dependent Care
- 401(k) Matching contributions up to 4%
Part Time employees are offered limited PTO, limited Paid Holidays, and 401k benefits. PRN employees are offered 401k benefits.
Regent Care Centers is committed to being an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, disability, age or national origin or any other protected status.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university, or be a graduate of an approved LPN/LVN/RN program.
- Must have, as a minimum, two (2) years of experience as an LPN/LVN/RN
- Must have experience in Long-Term Care / Skilled Nursing
- Must have experience as a Treatment Nurse / Wound Care Nurse