Repetitively monitor critical food quality processes on an hourly cycle or as needed. Maintain and control all quality aspects of the poultry processing establishment. The scope of the food quality processes being monitored will be dynamic and will be periodically update to reflect changing priorities and focus.
Primary Job Duties
1. Conduct pre-operational inspection of production equipment to ensure the sanitary conditions of the facility prior to the start of operations and address noncompliance’s as they occur.
2. Go to each processing step and evaluate product being handled.
3. Oversee marination process, verify accurate ingredient amounts are used in conjunction with the recipe.
4. Ensure the quality of the product based on customer’s requests (ie. soluted, type of packaging, ounces, use by date, etc.)
5. Confirm the USDA approved label with the establishment’s Mark of Inspection and ingredient statement matches the physical finished product in the case.
6. Responsible for documenting marinated items and oversee the proper personal protective equipment is in use by Production personnel.
7. Authorize the release of marination and packaging equipment after wash downs throughout the production day.
8. Follow-up on specific customer complaints at the direction of the QA Supervisor.
9. Conduct Acceptable Quality Limit (AQL) inspections of incoming raw material and report findings to QA Supervisor
10. Assist other QA team members as needed
11. Cross train with other team members as well as Meat QA
12. Interacts with other departments to perform in their job function and acts as a guide that aids them as needed.
13. Provide on-going daily monitoring of compliance by plant employees regarding sanitation and hygiene.
14. Inspect the entire facility for deficiencies in sanitation and maintenance issues.
15. Assist the QA department in designing new quality programs.
Minimum: High School Diploma and related experience. Must be able to read, write and speak English. Spanish is a plus.
Be able to perform math, detail orientated, and be observant. Be able to follow directions and instructions. Must be able to work well as a team with other department personnel. Maintain confidentiality within the department.
Requires the ability to withstand a cold climate for at least 8 hours a day. Ability to bend, squat lift and move around machinery. Be able to lift up to 50lbs.
Must be able to stand in cold climate for a maximum of 8 hours at a time with two 15-minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch break.
Benefits Available per MPF policies
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Accident, and Short Term Disability
Paid Vacation, Sick, and Personal
Martin Preferred Foods is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified candidates without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.