Hellmann Worldwide Logistics is looking for experienced sales professionals to join our North America team. Hellmann is a leading global logistics company focused on providing quality freight service and innovative logistics solutions. We are looking to expand our Seafreight Import team in our Schiller Park branch.
About Hellmann Worldwide Logistics
Since 1871 Hellmann has been a leader in full-service logistics around the globe. Four generations later, Hellmann is still a family owned company with deep-seated F.A.M.I.L.Y. values that drive our corporate philosophy and stands as the highest maxim of our entrepreneurial spirit. Our guiding principle of sustainability based on the three pillars of economy, ecology and social matters plays a central role in how we lead and take responsibility for our employees, customers, partners and the environment. At Hellmann, bigger is not better, Better is Better.
Why work at Hellmann
- Excellent opportunities for career growth
- Outstanding earnings potential - salary + commission
- Industry leading and affordable benefits package
- Generous paid time off benefits
- Great culture with strong family values and a collaborative work environment
- Direct access to senior leadership
- The Seafreight Import Coordinator coordinates product shipments ensuring that service commitments are achieved and maintained in accordance with client requirements and company objectives. The employee serves as a liaison with customers, vendors, and government agencies in all seafreight import activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for all shipment-level communication between Hellmann and all customers, carriers and vendors (i.e. delays, shipment status inquiries, arrival notices, billing, etc.)
- Escalates all recurring carrier / vendor service issues to Supervisor
- Maintains service relations with customers, carriers, vendors, and other Hellmann offices
- Responsible to ensure compliance with all applicable internal and external standard operating procedures and regulatory requirements
- Consults with supervisor prior to agreeing to non-standard services and/or pricing
- Ensures that customers are properly setup and maintained in company systems (i.e. POA, credit application, customer billing profiles…etc.)
- Ensures that customer standard operating procedures (CSOPs) are developed and maintained in conjunction with Account Management and Sales
- Processes shipments in compliance with company standard operating procedures, while complying with customer and regulatory requirements (i.e. Hellmann policies, OBL, Letter of Credit, Cert. of Origin…etc.)
- Performs credit check prior to arranging transportation
- Submits insurance purchase requests, upon request
- Verifies and confirms any additional charges incurred (i.e. driver waiting time, demurrage, detention…etc.)
- Promptly communicates all additional charges incurred to the customer to prevent disputed invoices
- Responsible to obtain / retrieve the Arrival Notice from the carrier
- Creates Broker Arrival Notice and passes to HWL Trade Services or Outside Broker within KPI
- Dispatches all Hellmann arranged deliveries or communicates necessary information to carrier / consignee for all non-Hellmann arranged deliveries
- Sends Customer Arrival Notice
- Collaborates with Trade Services to arrange inspections, when required
- Ensures carrier and CFS are paid and have all required documentation to ensure timely availability / release of freight
- Enters and updates all required milestone tracking events within area of responsibility
- Performs other duties as assigned
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.