Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Clean driving record (with DOT drug & health screen) insurable with MVN’s insurers required.
- At least 2 years of experience as a crew chief, foreman, manager, etc.
- Experience in a retail, nursery, landscaping, or related environment preferred.
- Solid management skills along with a basic understanding of HR and sales fundamentals.
- Understanding of plants, planting, project management, landscaping, and customer service.
- Excellent customer relation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-directed and motivated, and able to act in an entrepreneurial fashion.
- Ability to work independently to complete specific tasks and meet inflexible deadlines.
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem solving.
- Ability to work well with others and be a leader.
- Basic computer skills including experience with GPS and POS systems.
- Strong time management, attention to detail, and follow through.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to coordinate multiple projects/activities simultaneously.
- Good working knowledge of California native plant communities a plus.
- Two or four-year degree in Landscaping, Management, Business Administration, or relevant field (or equivalent knowledge gained through formal education, specialized training, or additional job experience)
- Physical requirements/Working conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Frequent travel required - Must have valid driver’s license and show proof of a satisfactory driving record, clean drug screen and DOT certification of fitness (CDL not required).
Moon Valley Nurseries is the largest grower of box trees and palms in North America, and is an industry leader and high growth company that offers competitive salaries with exceptional employee benefits including medical insurance, 401(k), holidays, and PTO to all eligible employees. We are an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
We are a Drug Free Workplace.