Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- General laborer experience and experience with power tools & equipment preferred.
- Experience in a retail, nursery, landscaping, or related environment beneficial but not required.
- Comfortable working in hot dry environments and direct sunlight.
- Able to follow specific instructions and safety protocols.
- Able speak with customers and to work in a team environment.
- Able to perform repeated lifting and pulling of heavy objects and tools (see below).
- HS Diploma or equivalent (or equivalent knowledge gained through formal education, specialized training, or additional job experience)
Physical requirements/Working conditions
- Medium to Medium-Heavy work* requiring substantial physical exertion and the ability to frequently lift and/or move items up to 60 pounds – exerting 36-75 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or 22 -45 lbs. of force frequently, and/or greater than negligibly up to 11-22 lbs. of force constantly to move objects; and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day.
- This position requires you to be able to maneuver between boxes that are 24 inches apart, to repeatedly carry or push/pull 20-40 pounds the length of yard; stand, walk and reach overhead frequently; to bend/stoop and grasp/handle periodically; to climb stairs/ladders/slopes, reach forward, and neck flex/extend occasionally; to work around and with heavy equipment and some chemicals; to work on slippery and uneven surfaces; work around traffic; exposure to noise, dust, heat and inclement weather conditions; and to operate motorized equipment and vehicles.
- Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents to operate equipment, and to perform other duties as assigned.
- Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
- Protective clothing, tools and equipment needed to do the job will be provided.
- Employee must also purchase and wear approved steeltoed safety work boots. [CRT Body Index Score 171-225].
This position is full time and may be scheduled any of the 7 days of the week. Must be able to pass drug screen.
Moon Valley Nurseries is the largest grower of box trees and palms in North America, and is an industry leader and high growth company that offers competitive salaries with exceptional employee benefits including medical insurance, 401(k), holidays, and PTO to all eligible employees. We are an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
We are a Drug Free Workplace.