The Non-Sterile Compounding Pharmacy Technician prepares compounded non-sterile products under the direction of a compounding pharmacist.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Completes compounding record and other pharmacy records as indicated
- Weighs, measures and mixes raw material ingredients, monitor agitation, heating and cooling temperatures, and other parameters to ensure finished batches of creams, gels, capsules and tablets meet specifications
- Transfers materials into properly labeled, safety approved containers
- Cleans and sanitizes equipment and completes all required documentation to maintain compliance with USP 795 (non-sterile compounding) and company's Quality System
- Prepares labels and pick in accordance with the dispensing order (pick-list)
- Prepares packages, both prepackaged and unit dose drugs in accordance with the dispensing order (pick-list)
- Prepares and generates batch for preparation of non-sterile mixtures
- Organizes assigned workload to facilitate its accomplishments
- Ensures the compounding room and related equipment are cleaned and maintained per organizational policy and procedures.
- Participates with the pharmacist and pharmacy manager in monitoring/maintaining drug inventories and preparing orders for drugs and related supplies
- Participates in department QA activities as requested
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- 401(k) with company matching, no vesting period
- Paid holidays - 8 days
- Paid Vacation - 10 days
Empower is a dynamic and fast growing FDA registered 503A Compounding Pharmacy and 503B Outsourcing Facility based in Houston, Texas. We take immense pride in providing our patients with a broad list of health and wellness products to improve their quality of life. Empower is focused on delivering the finest quality healthcare products at competitive prices by disrupting the antiquated pharmaceutical model. We believe in providing world class customer service and delivery processes to our patients, while ensuring their safety through investing in our people and the latest technologies.
Our leadership understands that the basis of a great company is our people. Our diverse culture is akin to a fast-paced Silicon Valley startup and is the foundation for the company’s broader perspective, to serve the needs of our patients through innovation. Empower is in search of bright, self-motivated professionals who are focused, open-minded, and hard-working. This is your opportunity to be part of a company and culture that will appreciate and leverage your unique talents to make a difference in the lives of our patients.