Rail Maintenance - LRV Technician T1
METRO Transit Authority
Skilled & Trades, Mechanics
$23.72 / Hour
Under the direction of the LRV Maintenance Supervisor performs LRV T1 level diagnosis and repair of LRV Systems and Subsystems. Responsible for preventative maintenance repair and running maintenance repair on light rail vehicles. Read and interpret electrical/electronic schematics and wiring diagrams. Utilize portable test equipment. Performs functional checks and inspections of light rail vehicles using portable test equipment, laptop diagnostics and other common tools. Performs duties in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable rules and safety procedures.
Responsibilities and Specific Duties
- Successfully complete the LRV Maintenance Training courses in light rail vehicle systems and sub-systems.
- Complete 75% of the PQS within 1 year from date of hire in order to progress to LRV Tech T2.
- Inspects, function tests, and repairs rail vehicle systems and equipment.
- Performs downloads of diagnostic fault history.
- Monitors and replaces consumables on the vehicles.
- Replaces LRV System mechanical components and sub-assemblies.
- Enters work order and job information into a maintenance management system.
- Tracks warranty components and prepare warranty documentation.
- Complies with all safety, operating and maintenance procedures.
- Operates METRORail non-revenue vehicles to include rail car mover, hi-rail equipment, forklifts and re-railing equipment.
- Provides necessary support for revenue and future start-up operations.
- Maintains a safe and clean work area.
- Promotes safety awareness and follows safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent is required. Associates degree in electrical/electronic technology is preferred.
Years & Experience Required
Minimum one (1) year of transferable maintenance experience. Military technical experience is preferred. LRT experience is preferred.
Knowledge & Skills Required
Possession of, or ability to obtain within 1 year a Texas Class B Commercial Driver’s License with air brake endorsement. A valid CDL is required for the job and must meet METRO’s motor vehicle records requirements. Must be able to pass a Yard Safety Orientation Course (provided by METRO). Must successfully pass technical competency test prior to an interview. Excellent (verbal and written) communication skills are essential. Ability to communicate well with management, consultants and engineers to resolve vehicle maintenance issues. Perform technician level diagnosis and repair of complex electrical and electronic equipment. Read and interpret electrical/electronic schematics and wiring diagrams. Utilize bench and portable test equipment. Utilize vendors software applications required for repairing electronic equipment.