Electronic Radio Technician - Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS)
METRO Transit Authority
Transportation, Electricians, Skilled & Trades
$47,926 to $59,164 / Year
Performs electronic equipment maintenance functions in the following areas:
1) Radio Communication System 5) Non-Revenue Vehicle Mobile Radio
2) Bus radios 6) Bus electronic control systems
3) Bus Destination signs 7) Bus IVOMS
4) Mobile Access Routers 8) Bus Camera Systems
Performs duties in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable rules and safety procedures.
Associate’s degree in Electronic Technology is required
Responsibilities and Specific Duties
- Maintains Radio Communication system and IVOMS awareness and assists in troubleshooting and diagnosis of system infrastructure.
- Performs general and preventive maintenance or extensive repair of all radio electronic and IVOMS equipment assigned to all revenue and non-revenue vehicles.
- Performs general and preventive maintenance or extensive repair of all camera, mobile access router equipment, and electronic destination signs assigned to all revenue vehicles.
- Performs bench repair on radio electronic equipment and IVOMS components.
- Serves as technical advisor to the facility superintendent/foreman on bus electrical and electronic systems.
- Observes and adheres to all policies and guidelines of the Electronic Maintenance, METRO and Federal Communications Commission.
- Inspects the installation of electronic equipment to include radio, IVOMS, destination signs, cameras, vehicular routes and supporting connection equipment by vendors.
- Verifies reported defects and corrects/clears defects using logical troubleshooting methods. Reports poor workmanship.
- Maintains computer records and completes all paper work documentation required for completing non-warranty or warranty work history on assigned vehicles. Prepares and submits reports to the Electronic Maintenance Forman as required.
- Assists with the training of new Electronic Communications Specialists as requested by management.
- Ensures the security of all equipment, keys, and vehicles while on duty. Keep service vehicles in clean, safe operating order.
- Promotes safety awareness and follows safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associates degree in Electronics Technology is required.
Years & Experience Required
Minimum two (2) years technical training in electronics technology. Minimum four (4) years extensive electronic maintenance experience including two-way vehicular radio experience.
Knowledge & Skills Required
FCC General Class Commercial Radio Telephone License or comparable industry certification. Must obtain license or certification within six (6) months of employment. A valid Texas driver’s license is required for the job and must meet METRO’s requirements regarding motor vehicle records. Working knowledge of personal computers and related software. Good communication skills (written and verbal).