Electronic Farebox Technician - Transit Bus Revenue Technician
METRO Transit Authority
Electricians, Transportation, Skilled & Trades
$22.86 / Hour
Under general supervision, diagnoses and performs maintenance, repair, and refurbishment of electronic registering fareboxes, its components and supporting equipment. Performs duties in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable rules and safety procedures.
Associate’s degree in Electronic Technology is required
Responsibilities and Specific Duties
- Diagnoses, repairs and maintains all electronic registering fareboxes, including components (coin modules, bill transports, and cashboxes) and supporting equipment, (receiver/vaults, mobile safes, data probes).
- Diagnose, repair and maintain all electronic validators and reloaders on board buses.
- Replaces defective coin modules, bill modules, cashboxes, electronic boards, data probes and power supply with good order components.
- Maintains maintenance records of all repairs, inventory records and all road calls.
- Maintains constant communication with dispatch while on road calls.
- Perform limited bench repairs on malfunctioning electronic boards, data probes, validators, reloaders, and power supplies.
- Performs farebox data correction to place farebox, validators, and reloaders back in service.
- Downloads data into computer via portable data unit, or maintenance terminals.
- Responds to Bus Operating Facility requests for repair of farebox malfunctions.
- Prepares equipment, forms, keys and radios to be used on road calls.
- Responsible for the security of all equipment, keys and vehicles while on duty.
- Assists Foreman/Supervisor in preparing equipment, material and supply requests during budget process.
- Prepares and submits reports to the Transit Revenue Foreman.
- Promotes safety awareness and follows safety procedures to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Associates degree in Electronic Technology or related field.
Years & Experience Required
Minimum two (2) years’ experience in the maintenance and servicing of transit and/or bank revenue collection and
processing equipment or general maintenance and repair.
Knowledge & Skills Required
A valid Texas Drivers’ License is required. Requires knowledge of the methods, materials, lubricants, tools and equipment used in servicing and maintaining transit revenue collection equipment. Able to read electrical schematics and diagnose using electronic testing procedures. Good communications (written/verbal) required. Able to complete/fill-out written reports, records and forms. Able to obtain or maintain additional licensing certifications as required.