- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Graduation from a related technical school preferred.
Years & Experience Required
Three (3) years of mechanical repair experience on heating, electrical and air conditioning systems, or five (5) years general heavy-duty mechanical experience, with at least one (1) year of heating, electrical or air conditioning.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Must be able to obtain EPA 608 & EPA 609 MVAC Handling Certification within 90 days of employment.
- A valid Commercial Texas Driver’s License (CDL) with “P” endorsement is required and must meet METRO’s Requirements regarding motor vehicle records.
- Must obtain Texas Commercial Driver’s License within 90 days of employment.
- The ability to drive any Authority owned vehicle.
- Able to maintain or obtain additional certification/licenses as required.
- Possess complete knowledge of all tools and equipment in shop related to job classification.
- Must maintain a basic set of personal hand tools to perform repairs related to job classification with exception of specialized tools provided by METRO.
- Ability to complete written reports, records and forms.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English.