Must have material handlers/saw operators experience.
Seeking an Experienced Band Saw and Forklift Operator. Must be able to work overtime including 12-hour shifts and weekends when needed.
Ensures the safe operation of an automatic vertical (1) and horizontal (6) band saws. Cuts steel stock to correct length and measurements.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes daily stock inventory reports.
- Orders and maintains proper inventory levels of materials
- Unload raw materials from semi-trucks and store material.
- Uses hydraulic press for bending of material as appropriate.
- Maintains equipment and ensures the work area is clean and safe at all times.
- Performs basic preventative maintenance on saw equipment.
- Assures compliance with appropriate safety practices and procedures and with applicable federal, state and local codes, OSHA regulations and requirements
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Operates sit down forklift. (Hyster 155) 5K, 10K, 15K and 28K
- Experience operating a Side Loader helpful
- Use large magnet in place of overhead crane
- Trade tools, equipment, materials, tape measure, methods and techniques used in safe band saw operation.
- Lock-out/Tag-out procedures.
- Basic Math Skills – able to convert decimal to fraction and fraction to decimal.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Prioritize, schedule, and review work.
- Effectively and safely operate a variety of assigned tools and equipment.
- Read tape measure and convert fractions to decimals and decimals to fractions
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Meet schedules and timelines.
- Maintain routine records.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Operate a sit-down forklift – 5K, 10K or 15K
- Work is performed while standing and/or walking.
- Ability to work outside in inclement weather - heat, rain, humid, etc.
- Very Manual Labor- bending, squatting and reaching, on feet all day.
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 75 pounds
- Requires activities involving being around moving machinery
- GPS, Inc is an equal opportunity employer
Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: $13.00 to $15.00 /hour
- Forklift Operator: 1 year (Required)
- Band Saw: 3 years (Required)