About Our Company
Grocers Supply , based in Houston, is the largest wholesale grocery supplier in Texas, supplying over 900 independent grocery stores. Grocers Supply serves customers of all sizes, from single store independent retailers to chains, such as: Fiesta, FoodTown, Market Basket, Cox Foodarama / La Fiesta, Sellers Brothers, Minyard Food Stores, G. E. Foodland, and El Rio Grande.
Working Safely is a Condition for Employment with GSC Wholesale, LLC. GSC Wholesale, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
As a Selector Trainee, you will work individually selecting full-case grocery, frozen, and/or perishable products from warehouse pick slots using a pallet jack or other equipment. You will either use order sheets or an audio headset. You will then fit the items on a pallet (are you good at Tetris?), plastic wrap the bundles, transport pallets to shipping dock and in some cases, load them onto a trailer for delivering to customers. All of our employees are expected to make safety their top priority.
- Ensure accuracy of work and adherence to production and safety standards
- Utilize necessary pick sheet or technology (e.g. voice, scanner) to select product.
- Operate double walkie-rider or pallet jack to remove case(s) of product from storage rack and place on pallet and stick selection labels to the appropriate cases (not in all cases)
- Move pallet on an electric pallet jack or walkie-rider until full or order is complete then transport pallets to shipping dock for delivery to retail stores.
- Use proper wrapping techniques to ensure safety of product to prevent damage and inform supervisor of any differences in case quantity and/or description.
- Write store number on pallets. (not in all cases)
- Use battery hoist and change battery, if necessary
- Keep work area clean
- Complete equipment inspection form
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned