Since opening our virtual doors in 1995, we’ve been pushing the boundaries of ‘possible’ further and further. Our entire business works hard to delight our customers – from the second an order is placed online to the seamless coordination of that order behind the scenes, we strive to stay agile, fluid and intentional. That can be described in one of our core Leadership Principles, which is Bias for Action. This means that our teams band together, roll up their sleeves, and aren’t content with just standing still. We’re aiming to become the most customer-centric company on Earth.
Shift Assistants are part of the Last Mile operations in Amazon Logistics and play a crucial role in this rapidly growing team. Shift Assistants are responsible for daily management of department duties including: allocating labor, leading meetings, assigning job duties, providing work direction and communicating with internal and external suppliers.
- Assist in the coordination of Delivery Associate (DA) training and ridealongs for new DAs
- Ensure vehicle cleanliness and appearance is maintained to standard and captured via DA inspections
- Ensure adherence to dress code standards
- Conduct regular ridealongs with DAs for engagement and standard work adherence
- Daily review of DA performance to identify potential ridealong candidates
- At times assisting with production duties, training sort associates and verifying SOP compliance
- Ensure successful area performance, through tracking and reporting metrics.
- Understand workflow and daily production goals
- Review and update SOP as required
- Ensure work areas remain clean and are equipped with proper equipment and supplies
- Identify and address safety hazards within the work area
- Coach associates to work safely at all times and participate in safety initiatives
- Ensure all job injuries are reported timely in accordance with established policy and procedure
- Provide direction utilizing independent judgment
- Continue meeting or exceeding of department performance goals