Are you an experienced commercial or open source database platform specialist? Are you an Oracle or SQL Server Platform Specialist? Have you worked on Open source Database platforms like PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB or Casandra? Have you migrated Applications from one Database Engine to another? Do you like to engage with senior leadership and determine ways to optimize the IT Platforms & Infrastructure? Do you like to solve the most complex and high scale data challenges in the world today? Do you want to have an impact in the development and use of new platform technologies? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help organizations understand and use cloud computing web services to do big new things faster, at lower cost?
You will collaborate with our customers and partners on key engagements and will develop and deliver proof-of-concept projects, technical workshops, and support implementation projects in order to migrate customer environments to AWS cloud based database platforms.
Our professional services engagements will focus on customer solutions such as high volume mission critical OLTP/OLAP environments, batch data processing, designing and deploying future state petabyte-scale data warehouse service and building and/or designing reference configurations to enable our customers and influence AWS RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB and Redshift adoption.
- Employ customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, standard methodologies, project management and risk mitigation
- Work closely with AWS Platform Service Engineering and Architecture teams to help ensure the success of project consulting engagements with customer
- Work directly with customers’ technical resources to devise and recommend solutions based on the understood requirements
- Think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
- Analyze on-premises database environments such as Oracle, SQL Server, or other Commercial DB Engines to Open Source Engines like Aurora PostgreSQL/MySQL or RedShift, DynamoDB.
- Work with customers to migrate their database environments to AWS. This may include, but is not limited to Re-Host database platform on AWS, Upgrade/Optimize for AWS, Re-Factor to open source database platform on AWS
- Consult for optimal design of database environments, analyzing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance
- Develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems
- Our Consultants work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. As such, Consultants will be required to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed.