REQUIREMENTS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES)
- Ability to understand detailed batch tickets, written and verbal instructions.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate in English: read, write and speak.
- Ability to read and interpret technical directions.
- Ability to use basic hand-held measuring tools.
- Competence in math computation necessary (add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure).
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Minimum one (1) year manufacturing experience, preferably as a batch operator in an industry related environment required. Three (3) or more years’ experience preferred.
- Demonstrated familiarity with the basic machine functions in order to perform the tasks stated above.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to interpret SDS's and understand Hazardous Identification System.
- A manufacturing area with limited heat or air conditioning.
- Conditions may be cold or extremely hot and humid.
- Exposure to the hazards of moving equipment, high voltage, and moving mechanical parts that require use of Personal Protective Safety Equipment (PPE’s) including steel toed shoes, and safety glasses.
Able to perform the following activities:
- Standing or walking.
- Using hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms to reach, grasp, and bend, flexing arms and wrist; turning torso and head.
- Verbal communication, talk and hear.
- Regular lifting, moving and/or carrying of material between fifty (50) and one hundred (100) lbs.
- Close distance and long-range vision
- Mid-Year and Annual Performance Review