REQUIREMENTS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES)
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills required (Word, Excel, Power Point), with experience with specialized inventory and sales support software highly desirable (e.g. Jomar).
- Current knowledge of hazardous material regulations (DOT, IATA, IMDG)
- Good Math, Record Keeping, Problem Solving & Communication skills
- Assign work and monitor productivity, develop departmental policy and submit for approvals
- Demonstrated experience with the operating characteristics of a comprehensive warehousing program, including shipping and receiving materials, proper and orderly storage, optimum space utilization and stock inventory procedures.
- Demonstrated work experience with principles and procedures of record keeping, supervision and training, and with proper methods of storing equipment, materials and supplies.
- Knowledge of pertinent Federal, State and local laws, codes and regulations regarding transportation policies.
- Ability to interpret SDS's and understand Hazardous Identification System.
- Associates degree in business or related discipline from an accredited two-year college preferred.
- One (1) to three (3) years increasingly responsible experience in material control, including one year of supervisory or lead responsibility in a warehousing.
- Three (3) or more years in a Supervisory role overseeing warehouse operations (preferably in an industry related environment).
- Detailed Oriented & Production Process Knowledge
- A manufacturing area with limited heat or air conditioning.
- Conditions may be cold or extremely hot and humid.
- Exposure to the hazards of moving equipment, high voltage, and moving mechanical parts that require use of Personal Protective Safety Equipment (PPE’s) including steel toed shoes, and safety goggles.
Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) engaged in the following activities:
- Standing or walking.
- Using hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms to reach, grasp, and bend, flexing arms and wrist; turning torso and head.
- Verbal communication, talk and hear.
- Regular lifting, moving and/or carrying of material between eighty (80) and one hundred (100) lbs.
- Close distance and long-range vision
- Mid-Year and Annual Performance Review