Forklift operator is an individual who operates the equipped industrial forklift to move materials and the warehouse region and to load and unload truck trailers or shipping containers. Operators maintain the equipment, machines, and electrical components. They are accountable for general maintenance, repairing and welding mechanical or electrical equipment, and machines, and other associated working equipment. Forklift operators work in docks, warehouses, airports or industry settings.
- Moving controls, devices, and levers to drive forklifts of industry to transfer materials between unloading, processing, loading, and storage areas.
- Organizing and securing stored materials such as bales, super sacks, boxes, pallets, and so on.
- Loading or unloading materials manually, off or on to pallets, platforms, skids, or lifting devises.
- Performing routine post and pre inspections to ensure suitable working nature or forklift equipment.
- Reporting to supervisor regarding any damage to racks, faulty equipment, or any other safety hazards.
- Weighing products or materials, and recording weight and further production information on labels and tags.
- Consulting, working, and coordinating with supervisors, managers, equipment manufactures, and employees regarding unloading and loading operations.
- Wrapping material loads with a wrapper and making clean the warehouse premises.
- Completing forklift operator training provided by the industry annually.
- Performing other duties as allotted by a manager or supervisor.