Purpose of Position
The lead administrator is responsible for all administrative functions for the Maintenance Department, strategically completing essential tasks, and the supervision of data entry staff.
Primary Job Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate by Senior Management.
- Accurately assign general ledger codes and approve maintenance and purchasing invoices in the AP lockbox
- Analyze maintenance and purchasing expenses and produce monthly reports
- Overall system administrator for eMaint (create dashboards, forms, reports and tables as needed) and manage user permissions
- Oversee daily administrative functions, ensuring data entry clerk productivity, monitor efficiency of all processes and create a positive work environment
- Review, approve and close work orders entered by data entry clerk and mechanics and communicate where issues arise
- Maintain equipment files, process titles and registrations for new equipment and process registration renewals on all Gulf Winds equipment as applicable
- Update CMS and eMaint platforms as assets are added or removed from fleet
- Authorize vendor payments with credit card or Comdata comchek as needed
- Maintenance adequate inventory for most commonly purchased warehouse supplies
- Process purchase requests for warehouse supplies submitted by warehouse managers
- Communicate with vendors on invoice processes and any disputed invoices
- Attend webinar training sessions and annual users conference for eMaint
- Approve and code maintenance and purchasing invoices
- Analyze maintenance/purchasing expenses and produce monthly reports
Gulf Winds International, Inc. was founded in April 1996. The idea was to develop a full service, third party logistics company that would focus on warehousing, land transportation, distribution and consolidation.
In 1997, the Houston Trucking division opens with 5 trucks and by 1998 Gulf Winds opened its 2nd warehouse facility. By 2012 Gulf Winds opened its 7th warehouse. Today Gulf Winds is operating with over 2.3 million square feet of warehouse space. By any measurement standard, Gulf Winds is a remarkable success story. In just a few years, the company has grown from only four employees with one account to over 500 employees including ILA and contract labor and thousands of accounts with several locations in Houston and Dallas.