Pharmacy Technician - Call Center
The hours for this position are 11:30 am - 8:00 pm Monday - Friday.
The Call Center Pharmacy Technician manages inbound and outbound calls in order to serve our customers requirements, answering inquiries, resolving issues, fulfilling requests, and maintaining our databases. The hours for this position are 11:30 am - 8:00 pm Monday - Friday.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide quality customer service while using effective communication
- Answer all incoming calls; Ability to answer 70-100 calls per 8 hour shift
- Responsible for making calculations, such as day supply and pricing
- Processing new and refill prescription orders
- Fax and/or call doctors for refill requests
- Check voicemail's and return customer calls
- Responsible for collaborating with pharmacists and other colleagues to ensure effective and efficient customer service
- Inform patients of tracking status on their orders
- Check and verify invoices/charges
- Scan and file orders in appropriate folders
- Read and understand prescription orders
- Navigate multiple internal computer systems
- Organize and maintain cleanliness of working areas, supplies, and equipment
- Maintain confidentiality and ensure HIPAA compliance by protecting the privacy and security of protected health information (PHI)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- 401(k) with company matching, no vesting period
- Paid holidays - 8 days
- Paid Vacation - 10 days
- Potential for career growth within an expanding team and organization
- Monday - Friday 11:30 am - 8:00 pm, 30 minute lunch
Empower is a dynamic and fast growing FDA registered 503A Compounding Pharmacy and 503B Outsourcing Facility based in Houston, Texas. We take immense pride in providing our patients with a broad list of health and wellness products to improve their quality of life. Empower is focused on delivering the finest quality healthcare products at competitive prices by disrupting the antiquated pharmaceutical model. We believe in providing world class customer service and delivery processes to our patients, while ensuring their safety through investing in our people and the latest technologies.
Our leadership understands that the basis of a great company is our people. Our diverse culture is akin to a fast-paced Silicon Valley startup and is the foundation for the company’s broader perspective, to serve the needs of our patients through innovation. Empower is in search of bright, self-motivated professionals who are focused, open-minded, and hard-working. This is your opportunity to be part of a company and culture that will appreciate and leverage your unique talents to make a difference in the lives of our patients.