Facilities Equipment Technician
The Facilities Equipment Technician is a maintenance technician responsible for monitoring and maintaining the operation of all production and building systems; including, but not limited to, production automation, appliances, and building equipment. This position responds to all system failures by taking appropriate corrective action and completing or assigning the repairs needed to ensure that systems are operational and are functioning safely and efficiently. This position reports to the Facility Manager. This position is for 3rd shift from 10 pm - -8:30 am Tuesday - Friday. On the job training will be done during normal working hours and e the position will transition into the third shift as the permanent shift.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs skilled and semi-skilled maintenance activities including maintaining/managing building equipment and systems (e.g. HVAC equipment and electrical systems) and performing production equipment troubleshooting and repair
- Daily responsibilities include performing preventative and reactive maintenance on any facility system and assisting manufacturing technicians (MTs) with process and machinery repairs and improvements
- Supports a cleanroom manufacturing and non-sterile lab environment, which utilize manual, automated, and semi-automated equipment in a critical environment
- Develops preventive maintenance schedules and/or procedures
- Maintains daily equipment, facility, and HVAC inspections
- Promptly responds to requests for repairs and work orders and include parts and inventory used
- Solves technical issues by identifying root cause(s) and identifying both short-term and long-term countermeasures
- Inspects the quality of third party and/or MT repairs
- Responsible for inventory control, ordering of replacement parts, tools, and supplies through purchasing. Conducts physical parts inventories
- Records and documents working history on all equipment for facilities and engineering via a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Leads non-supervisory employees and other staff that may include contractors, consultants, and/or temporary employees
- Manages projects and develops associated documentation.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns
- Ability to perform under limited supervision
- Requires a flexible work schedule which may include nights and weekends to support operating schedule and the needs of the facility
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate/OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
- Effectively communicates with all Empower staff and internal maintenance team
- Shift differential of $3.00/hr in addition to base hourly rate
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- 401(k) with company matching, no vesting period
- Paid holidays - 8 days
- Paid Vacation - 10 days
- 3rd shift, Tuesday - Friday 10 pm - 8:30 am
- 10 hour day, 4 days a week
- Position Type: Full-time
Empower is a dynamic and fast growing FDA registered 503A Compounding Pharmacy and 503B Outsourcing Facility based in Houston, Texas. We take immense pride in providing our patients with a broad list of health and wellness products to improve their quality of life. Empower is focused on delivering the finest quality healthcare products at competitive prices by disrupting the antiquated pharmaceutical model. We believe in providing world class customer service and delivery processes to our patients, while ensuring their safety through investing in our people and the latest technologies.
Our leadership understands that the basis of a great company is our people. Our diverse culture is akin to a fast-paced Silicon Valley startup and is the foundation for the company’s broader perspective, to serve the needs of our patients through innovation. Empower is in search of bright, self-motivated professionals who are focused, open-minded, and hard-working. This is your opportunity to be part of a company and culture that will appreciate and leverage your unique talents to make a difference in the lives of our patients.