The Apprentice I rate is intended to be used to reward employees who perform their duties as required and who have been working in the capacity of the Apprentice II for a minimum of two years on Contractor projects.
Apply insulating materials to pipes or ductwork, or other mechanical systems in order to help control and maintain temperature.
- Fits, wraps, or attaches insulating materials to structures of surfaces, using hand tools or wires, following blueprint specifications.
- Fills blower hopper with insulating materials.
- Covers, seals or finishes insulated surfaces or access holes with plastic covers, canvas ships, sealant, tape, cement or asphalt mastic.
- Reads blueprints and selects appropriate insulation, based on the heat retaining or excluding characteristics of the material.
- Measures and cuts insulation for covering surfaces, using tape measure, handsaw, knife or scissors.
- Moves controls, buttons, or levers to start blower and regulate flow of materials through nozzle.
- Prepare surfaces for insulation application by brushing or spreading on adhesives, cement, or asphalt or attaching metal pins to surfaces.
- Evenly distributes insulating materials into small spaces within floors, ceilings, or walls, using blower and hose attachments or cement mortar.
Driven by a commitment to excellence in project execution, Brock is a leader in providing soft craft services, labor support, and materials for capital projects, maintenance, and facility turnarounds.
The Brock Group is a leading provider of industrial specialty services with headquarters in Houston, TX, and operating units in the United States and Canada. The company supports routine maintenance, turnarounds and capital projects by providing services including scaffolding and work access, insulation, coatings/linings, and asbestos abatement, as well as additional associated services.
This position practices the rudiments of a recognized skilled craft or trade. Works under minimal supervision.
- Adheres to all safety requirements.
- Performs preparatory or simple tasks associated with the craft without instruction
- Properly uses wet film thickness gauge
- Properly mixes coatings
- Sets up spray equipment and demonstrates proper brushing techniques
- Sets up equipment, using proper tools
- Adheres to cleanliness requirements for the substrate before coating
- Knows spray equipment requirements and demonstrates proper spraying techniques
- Recognizes and corrects coating defects, using the proper method
- Safely assembles, operates and uses rigging necessary to perform the work
- Uses hand and power tools for surface preparation
- Performs work from scaffolds and suspended rigging as required