Lead a team of employees to achieve optimum levels of productivity for our Materials Services division which receives and distributes a variety of materials in all shapes, qualities and dimensions.
We are currently seeking an Distribution/Inventory Supervisor to be based out of the Houston, TX or surrounding areas to coach and otherwise guide a team of employees to achieve optimum levels of productivity, quality and safety while meeting operational deadlines and budgets. This typically includes recruiting and hiring qualified employees and ensuring that they receive all necessary training and education. Additionally, the supervisor is responsible for maintaining a motivational work environment through appropriate goal-setting, operating principles, communication, and fair treatment of all employees. As necessary, the supervisor must take action to correct poor performance and poor behavior that puts the employee or team at risk or impacts the team’s ability to achieve its objectives.
The key responsibilities of the Operations Supervisor position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Meet all production and distribution objectives and deadlines within the established budget
- Teach, coach and demonstrate work activities for team members
- Responsible for conducting performance reviews and disciplinary functions
- Responsible for coordinating, assigning, and reviewing work
- Direct staff on priority of work to be accomplished
- Accountable for ensuring that all team members receive required instruction in safety procedures, proper use of equipment, performance standards, disciplinary processes and other workplace and Company policies, procedures and practices
- Maintain timely, effective, and professional communications with all internal and external customers and suppliers
- Responsible for effective record keeping, filing and other administrative duties as required.
- Responsible for reporting any accidents or incidents that occur within the designated facility (on- or off-site). Accident or incident reports must be completed by the supervisor immediately when such event occurs and forwarded directly to the Operations Manager within 24 hours
- Monitor working conditions regularly to ensure the safety of all team members. Take timely corrective action as required and disciplinary action as necessary
- Apply problem solving techniques to ensure all personnel and quality issues are resolved in a timely manner (examples: 8D; 5 Why; Kaizen Newsletters)
- Other duties assigned by the Operations Manager or Plant Manager
Materials Services - With 480 branches in 40 countries the Business Area Materials Services concentrates on the worldwide trade of raw material and construction material. Coal, metals, gases, plastics in all shapes, qualities and dimensions as well as complex supply-chain solutions- this is for what this Business Area stands for.