Purpose of Position
The Dispatcher position is responsible to manage drivers to ensure timely, accurate and efficient service to GWI customers. Requires strong problem-solving skills, leadership, mentoring abilities, Multi-tasking and superior communications ability. Also, must have knowledge of Hours of Service (ELD) to manage the metrics related to monitoring driver logs and hours to optimize capacity for the fleet. This position will report to the Assistant Operations Manager.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
· Instruct Independent Contractors and Hourly Drivers with pick-up and delivery instructions.
· Assist Operation Manager to ensure that work/chassis is distributed evenly among Independent Contractors.
· Identify all containers on yard checks for Gulf Winds location.
· Yard report & Chassis report to be given to Ops Manager.
· Track all Gulf Winds equipment to ensure proper utilization and prevent losses.
· Make sure equipment is returned in a timely manner and to the correct depot.
· Cross-trained to cover workload distribution in the event a Dispatcher is out.
· Monitor and oversee drivers logs to ensure compliant practice in offering dispatches to the appropriate drivers.
· Ensures that we operate in full accordance with the FMCSA Hours of Service Regulations and stays current with changes; provides updates on such;
· Coordinates daily with those handling the scheduling duties for each terminal, to ensure capacity and customer commitments align with available HOS
· Performs data analysis for logs/HOS weekly, to review accounts/lanes that effect capacity positively or negatively
· Communicates capacity fluctuations with Ops Manager, CSR Senior Managers, Scheduler & Recruiting.