Bilingual Counselor (Spanish) -$1000 SIGN-ON BONUS - LCDC Required - Southwest Houston, TX
Location: Houston, TX
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Experienced
Cenikor is a non-profit organization and one of the largest substance abuse treatment centers in the nation. We are currently seeking a Full-time Bilingual Counselor for our Adolescent short-term stay inpatient facility in Southwest Houston, TX. Licensure Required: LCDC. This position is eligible for a $1000 sign on bonus.
The Bilingual Counselor is responsible for providing substance abuse treatment and services to ensure each adolescent client develops the skills necessary to live a life free from substance dependence.
- Work with clients to develop and implement an individualized treatment plan CMBHS within three (3) service days of admission.
- Develops individualized treatment plan based on comprehensive assessment.
- Conducts regularly scheduled treatment plan reviews every week.
- Provide individual and group counseling services to each client as indicated by the therapeutic schedule and treatment plan.
- Conducts chemical dependency counseling sessions, life skills group sessions and leads encounter groups as assigned.
- Conducts self as a rational authority and role model within the therapeutic community modality.
- Works in conjunction with all facility staff to facilitate a safe environment for client recovery.
- Complete client discharge summary within two (2) working days of discharge from the program.
- Complete required referral reports accurately and submit as needed.
- Monitor length of authorization by reviewing in Welligent and communication with Insurance/Billing and create/update treatment plan accordingly
- Ensure documentation is complete and accurate and meets the criteria for appropriate level of care according to clinical, funding and billing
- Ensure documentation in the clinical record is legible and complies with documentation standards.
- Assist Clinical Manager in upholding the core principles of Cenikor’s culture to help maintain a positive working environment for all team members.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulatory standards as well as Cenikor policies and procedures.
- Maintain strict confidentiality on all client and foundation matters and refer questionable issues to your supervisor.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and consistent with the exempt functions as defined in this job description.