Start Your Journey With Us
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being, and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you’re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
- Monitor and inspect boiler equipment, computer terminals, switches, valves, gauges, alarms, safety devices, and meters.
- Maintain water, chemical, and fuel levels in boilers, adjust supplies of combustion air, and control the flow of fuel.
- Fire gas- or oil-fed boilers using automatic gas feeds or oil pumps.
- Test, record, and take corrective action for water quality.
- Install, maintain, and perform preventative maintenance on appliances, electronics, and equipment.
- Maintain daily logs of operation, maintenance, and safety activities, including test results, instrument readings, and details of equipment malfunctions.
- Report serious maintenance problems, accidents, or safety hazards to manager/supervisor.
- Maintain and conduct daily inspections of the mechanical plant.
- Assist local authorities with emergency and natural disaster situations.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures, and complete safety training and certifications.
- Protect company assets.
- Anticipate and address guests' service needs, and assist individuals with disabilities.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards, and identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 75 pounds without assistance.
- Move through narrow, confined, or elevated spaces; up and down a ladder; down stairs and/or service ramps.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.