Collection Supervisor - Deer Park
Gulf Winds International, Inc.
Collections, Professional, Administrative / Clerical
Administrative / Clerical
Purpose of Position
The Collection Manager/Supervisor is responsible for the daily management of the collections team.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Contact customers (email, telephone, and fax) regarding overdue accounts.
- Manage the collections team daily.
- Report to Senior Financial Analyst with any problems encountered.
- Review files, accounts, records and other documentation to obtain information to respond to customers.
- Resolve / research disputed charges, short paid or overpaid invoices.
- Collaborate and communicate with other departments.
- Create weekly/daily reports on collections/cash metrics.
- A/R postings and check deposits when required.
- Navigate MAS 200, Collection System, Excel and CMS.
Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Organizational skills are necessary to keep up with customer requirements.
- Must possess an amiable personality with the communication & writing skills necessary to interface with internal customers daily.
- Knowledge of credit and collections.
- Perform other related accounting duties as assigned.
- Attention to details.
- Minimum high school / GED diploma
- 5+ years of experience in collections, preferably in the transportation industry
- 1 year of supervisory/manager experience preferred
- Must be computer literate with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must be dependable and able to work independently