Primary responsibility is for timely, accurate, and efficient service to our customers. Logistics Coordinator will handle multiple accounts with a diverse customer base. This position requires strong problem-solving skills, product knowledge, and superior communication ability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate by Management.
- Responsible for all communication with customers and GWI departments to ensure customer orders are completed
- Order entry
- Track containers in CMS using rail and port tracing; monitoring shipments through the dashboards for problems and exceptions.
- Back up other Logistics Coordinators when needed
- Team work
- Set up new customer accounts and make necessary changes for existing accounts as needed
- Effectively communicate and schedule all pick up and delivery order information with customer, dispatch, over the road carriers and/or highway as needed
- Cross train with other Logistics Coordinators and keep desk manuals up to date
- Promptly and effectively solve any issues with deliveries, equipment, etc, through trouble tickets or emails.
- Ensure all templates are setup correctly and billing is accurate
- Utilize Gulf Winds operating systems (CMS, Quote) to manage client’s freight
- Minimize all additional cost through effective communication, accurate data entry, thorough record keeping, and utilization of GWI systems
Gulf Winds International, Inc. was founded in April 1996. The idea was to develop a full service, third party logistics company that would focus on warehousing, land transportation, distribution and consolidation.
In 1997, the Houston Trucking division opens with 5 trucks and by 1998 Gulf Winds opened its 2nd warehouse facility. By 2012 Gulf Winds opened its 7th warehouse. Today Gulf Winds is operating with over 2.3 million square feet of warehouse space. By any measurement standard, Gulf Winds is a remarkable success story. In just a few years, the company has grown from only four employees with one account to over 500 employees including ILA and contract labor and thousands of accounts with several locations in Houston and Dallas.