The primary focus of this position is to weld different alloy metal components together with GTAW (TIG) process equipment to repair OEM Aircraft components according to FAA guidelines. Train and actively support the repair shop operation. As well as act as the backup to the welding supervisor in his/her absence for training and certification purposes.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Absent undue hardship reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Essential Job Duties:
- Welds different alloy metal components together with GTAW (TIG) process equipment to repair OEM Aircraft components
- Lays out metal stock or work-pieces to indicate location, dimensions, and tolerances necessary for further processing
- Reads and applies blueprints, sketches, models, or other written specifications to identify and mark component reference points and compute layout dimensions to build, and check custom work pieces and assemblies.
- Sets indicators on height gauge, protractor, and layout machines to computed dimensions, or projects dimensions by setting indicators to specified locations on model and moving instrument or machine so that indicators bear on corresponding locations on work-piece.
- Uses measuring instruments such as gauge blocks, height gauges, dial indicators and non-contact dimensional scanning technology to examine work-pieces to verify such requirements as dimensions, proper angles and specifications.
- Operates machines such as arbor presses, robotic flexible fixtures, GTAW processes and spot welding machines, to assemble work pieces and sub components and performs related tasks such as cutting and grinding.
- Assembles metal sub components using GTAW processes (TIG) to hold close tolerances.
- Performs GTAW process in a repair and production environment.
- Operation of robotic welding cell.
- Initiate and supervise training using AWS CWI standards.
- Certify new welders using AWS CWI certification.