Job Duties & Responsibilities
Salary: $44,672 / year
We know you know GEICO. But you should get to know us for great careers, too. And, right now, we’re looking for an Internal Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee to start a GEICO career in Houston, TX. As the primary ambassador of GEICO’s renowned customer service, our adjusters work in an office environment to coordinate repairs with auto body repair shops (ARX), as well as talk to customers, salvage yards, and towing service facilities.
At GEICO, it’s not just a job, it’s growth and opportunity.
There's one thing our associates all have in common: they found a career they never expected. With coaching and mentoring, you will find your position as an Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee can become a career in the most unexpected and rewarding ways.
Our GEICO Auto Damage Adjuster Trainees earn an annual salary of $44,672 / year with most receiving an 3% increase within the first six months based on successful performance
“My management team shared with me the things I need to do to develop and progress in my career. I feel as if the sky is the limit!” Shannon Z., GEICO Associate since 2014
Get ready to join a company you can believe in and work alongside a team of associates who care. You will attend an extensive 8-week training program, including three weeks in Ashburn, VA, and five weeks in Dallas, TX, to learn the ins and outs of automobile damage and insurance claims adjusting. Equipped with the latest tools and technology in auto adjusting, you will:
- Work directly with other Adjusters and supervisors in an office environment while working with multiple external stakeholders such as body shops, rental partners, and parts providers.
- As a full-time GEICO associate, you’ll be offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program with a wide range of benefits. We said it’s more than a job! Our benefits ensure a long-lasting career with us as your personal life and needs change. See for yourself here.
About your career:
- Get to know a little more about Auto Damage careers here and find out what makes working here pleasantly unexpected for our associates.
- GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.