Under general supervision, manages all Staff Counsel office activities relating to the defense of lawsuits against GEICO insured's in liability suits, and on behalf of GEICO in subrogation, Uninsured Motorist (UM) and Underinsured Motorist (UIM), and PIP suits or arbitrations, filed in courts of limited and unlimited jurisdiction.
- Manages subordinates in all activities relating to the defense of lawsuits and against GEICO insured's in liability cases, and on behalf of GEICO in UM/UIM, PIP and subrogation suits.
- Interviews and/or approves job applicants for employment. Conducts and/or reviews associate performance appraisals. Initiates or approves salary adjustments, performance ratings, and other personnel changes. Counsels associates and takes disciplinary action or terminates the employment of associates as appropriate.
- Represents GEICO insured's in liability cases, UM/UIM and PIP suits filed in courts of limited and unlimited jurisdiction.
- Researches laws and prepares legal briefs, opinions, and memoranda. Renders opinions on liability, damages, and value as requested by the Claims Department. Prepares and handles pleadings, motions, and discovery, to include depositions/examinations before trial and examinations under oath. Defends all assigned matters by trial, arbitration, or mediation, as applicable. Meets deadlines to respond to pleadings, and correspondence; appears timely in court, arbitrations, depositions, meetings and other scheduled matters.
- Trains and supervises less experienced attorneys and support staff, including assisting attorneys as first and second chair counsel, and/or observing attorneys at trials and arbitrations; Monitors all applicable bar requirements including mandatory Continuing Legal Education (CLE) requirements; Conducts file audits and provides feedback on quality of file handling and expense management.
- Travels to attend trials, hearings, arbitrations, depositions, management meetings, and conferences.
- Reviews office reports and implements changes to improve office statistics, including timeliness of reports to clients, productivity reports, client and claims survey results, closure ratio, dependability ratio, and subrogation results.
- Adheres to the GEICO Code of Conduct, company policies, and operating principles.
- Meets attendance standard of the business location to perform necessary job functions and to facilitate interaction with subordinates and management.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.