Summary Accountable for the observation, assessment, intervention, evaluation, rehabilitation, or health teachings of a person who is ill, injured, infirm, or experiencing a change in normal health processes; the maintenance of health or prevention of illness; the administration of a medication or treatment as ordered by a physician, the supervision or teaching of nursing; the administration, supervision, and evaluation of nursing practices, policies, and procedures; the performance of an act delegated by a physician and the development of the nursing care plan.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Service Consistently supports and communicates the Mission, Vision, and
- Values of St. Joseph Medical Center.
- Upholds the Standards of Conduct and Corporate Compliance.
- People Incorporates the patient’s physiological, psychological, cultural, developmental and spiritual needs into the plan of care.
- Consistently follows patient care, and facility guidelines and procedures in performance.
- Directs support personnel in implementing patient’s plan of care, provides supervision and guidance, and evaluates effectiveness of the delegated tasks.
- Collaborates with inter and intraprofessional colleagues to ensure quality outcomes.
- Completes annual education requirements.
- Maintains competency, as evidenced by completion of competency validation requirements.
- Promotes of a culture of patient safety which results in the identification and reduction of unsafe practices.
- Uses nursing process to provide all levels of patient care
- Uses professional judgment and critical thinking to prepare, prioritize, and execute the patient’s plan of care consistent with patient assessment data, physicians’ treatment plans, and professional standards of care.
- Implements measures to prevent exposure to infectious pathogens and communicable conditions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Growth: Maintains competency and knowledge of current standards of practice, trends, and developments.
- Enhances the patient experience by fostering a positive relationship with customers.
- Contributes to improving HCAHPS results.
Finance: Promotes stewardship of hospital resources while ensuring quality patient care.