MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 1 year- Will consider new graduate
- Texas Department of State Health Services Certified Medical Radiologic Technologist certification
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- Graduate of a formally recognized hospital/college affiliated radiation therapy program.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to deal effectively with patients under severe physical and emotional stress.
- Knowledge of radiobiology and analytical skills necessary to perform dose calculations.
- Must be able to read legibly, speak clearly, and have a working knowledge of radiographic principles.
- Ability to concentrate and focus on strict details for approximately 50 percent of work time when calibration equipment, administering treatments and so forth.
- Demonstrates mature judgment and have the ability to make appropriate decisions with a minimum of supervision.
- For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.