A Tank Trailer Mechanic is an individual with strong experience in tank trailer repair. A Tank Trailer Mechanic is responsible for servicing and repairing tanks and containers. They are knowledgeable in all areas of tank and container repair which include electrical, plumbing, framing, insulating, painting, decal application, grinding, welding, patching, etc. They are responsible for working with less experienced service and repair specialists and helpers. The work requires them to be a certified welder per ASME standards. The work also requires them to climb over six (6) feet in height using a ladder or scaffolding and to bend, stoop, and sit on a small stool in order to reach the underside of the tank. Working conditions may consist of loud noise, welding fumes, and grinding dust. All work duties are performed under the direction and supervision of the department supervisor.
- Services and repairs electrical wiring systems on tanks with minimal supervision.
- Services and repairs plumbing systems on tanks with minimal supervision.
- Services and repairs tank and container framing, fenders, wrapping, insulating, suspension, fifth wheel, landing gear, truck mounts, etc. with minimal supervision.
- Performs final clean up duties on tanks and containers including sandblasting, priming, painting, installing plates and fenders, decal application, etc. with minimal supervision.
- Grinds, welds, and patches bottles with minimal supervision.
- Completes assigned duties in accordance with safety polices and practices.
- This includes regard to individual safety, the safety of other team members, and the safe use of equipment in the workplace.
- Wears approved personal protective equipment such as safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses with side shields, hearing protection, etc.
Wabash National is more than a place to work. It is a place to contribute your talents, taking pride in being part of a team that moves diverse industries forward through innovative solutions. Each associate is a valued team member, empowered to carry forward the legacy of innovation that jumpstarted the company over 25 years ago.
If you are applying for a position with certain of Wabash National Corporation's subsidiaries, such as Brenner Tank, LLC, Garsite/Progress LLC, or Walker Stainless Equipment LLC, with locations in Kansas and Wisconsin, please know that these companies are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers. You can learn more about your rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
If you are passionate about making a difference and being part of a team that is shaping the future, take a closer look at Wabash National's Brenner Tank Services. We look for strong, stand-out recruits with the desire to elevate our organization and make it the best it can be – for our associates, our customers and our community.