Position Summary: The Light Equipment Operator will be responsible for operating a variety of light motorized equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Reports to superintendent (or project manager when superintendent is not onsite)
- Operate light equipment such as bobcats and rollers in a safe and effective manner to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life
- Communicate with individuals on jobsite to ensure appropriate task is performed
- Ensure all equipment is safely and securely stored
- Follow signal directions while safely operating equipment
- Ensure access to businesses, houses, water supply and other sites are maintained
- Make certain no digging is done unless all safety precautions have been taken to ensure lines are not broken
- Advise foreman or superintendent if any maintenance needs to be performed
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned
Essential Job Functions:
You must be able to twist, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, climb ladders, climb stairs, walk on uneven ground, work above ground on scaffolds and below ground in ditches, have no fear of confined space, see colors to read GHS labeling on containers, have depth perception to avoid excavations and other hazards, hear well enough to recognize the sound of horns and sirens on moving equipment and have good finger manipulation.
You must be able to climb on light or heavy equipment and carry and use hand tools.
There is constant lifting of 10 lbs, frequent lifting of 25 lbs and maximum single person lifting of 60 lbs. For items over 60 lbs, assistance from co-worker is required. Lifting entails reaching at, above and below shoulder height
You will be required to wear puncture resistant footwear, long pants and four- inch sleeves on shirts. PPE (hard hat, safety glasses, etc.) is required. All safety appliances (hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, high visibility vest, ear plugs, fall protection, respiratory equipment, etc.) will be provided.