Obtains payment for merchandise by accurately itemizing and totaling customer purchases. To ensure the efficient and cost effective operation and stewardship of the Goodwill store to maximize profitability and increase training opportunities.
Process incoming merchandise, assisting with transporting boats to and from sales floor, provide excellent customer service. To ensure the efficient operation and stewardship of the Goodwill Outlet to maximize profitability and increase training and opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates Goodwill Houston’s Core Values in all actions.
- Ensures adherence to Guiding Principles and CARF standards.
- Demonstrates professionalism at all times and presents a friendly, cooperative attitude to general public and staff at all times.
- Must be able to ensure that all products are constantly being rotated.
- Help unload trucks as requested.
- Must be able to ensure that all production standards, guidelines and deadlines are met.
- Sort donations according to company guidelines.
- Assist with store security.
- Assist in keeping store production supply available.
- Perform necessary janitorial work.
- Conduct self in safe manner; report all injuries immediately.
- Provide excellent customer service by greeting customers and providing assistance with basic questions about store operations and/or merchandise.
- Responsible for performing assigned duties within the framework of our Guiding Principles:
- We are committed to providing world-class customer service to all our customers
- We are committed to a clean, neat, and organized store. The image of the store reflects Goodwill and the team
- Customers should be greeted in 10 seconds
- We are committed to a full store with full inventory
- Every time we touch a donation, something good should happen to it
- All donations should be processed within 24 hours
- If you have a pile, you have a problem
- Hard goods should be priority processed
- Material handling equipment is for moving donations, not storage
- Don’t fall in love with your donations…rotation is critical to success
- Donor value should increase
- Profits should increase
- Ability to multi-task, make quick decisions and work in a team oriented, fast paced environment.
- Must have punctual and dependable attendance.
- Successfully complete job specific checklist within 90 days of employment.
- Assist with the security and safety of company employees and property.
- Free from alcohol and drugs.
- Conduct self in safe manner; report all work injuries immediately.
- Adherence to all Goodwill policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.