To help people achieve their full potential through the dignity and power of work. The sale of donated and new goods at Goodwill stores enables the agency to offer a variety of employment and training services, promote self-sufficiency, and contribute to community conservation through repurposing, reusing, and recycling.
Under the team leadership of the Outlet Manager, will assist in the day-to-day store operations to ensure the efficient and cost effective operation and stewardship of the Goodwill store to maximize profitability and increase training opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates Goodwill Houston’s Core Values in all actions.
- Ensures adherence to Guiding Principles and CARF standards.
- Demonstrates professionalism at all times and presents a friendly, cooperative attitude to general public and staff at all times.
- Assist in the scheduling and productive use of labor force.
- Assist Outlet Manager in the day-to-day operations of the store.
- Train, develop, and supervise team members.
- Assist in maintenance and ordering of supplies.
- Ensure store security according to agency policies and procedures.
- Assist the Outlet Manager in complying with Goodwill image and safety practices and procedures.
- Assist in the proper rotation of apparel and hard goods in a timely manner and in accordance with Goodwill’s policies and procedures.
- Keep abreast of merchandise knowledge, industry trends and competitive pricing.
- Ensure that statistical counts are completed in an accurate and timely manner. Complete register pulls, readings, cash reports, daily activity reports, transmittal of reports and daily deposits in accordance with Goodwill’s policies and procedures.
- Responsible for performing assigned duties and management responsibilities within the framework of our Guiding Principles:
- We are committed to providing world-class customer service to all of our customers
- We are committed to a clean, neat, and organized store. The image of the store reflects
- Goodwill and the team
- Customers should be greeted in 10 seconds
- We are committed to a full store with full inventory
- Every time we touch a donation, something good should happen to it
- All donations should be processed within 24 hours
- If you have a pile, you have a problem
- Hard goods should be priority processed
- Material handling equipment is for moving donations, not storage
- Don’t fall in love with your donations… rotation is critical to success
- Donor Value should increase
- Profits should increase
- Must perform necessary janitorial work.
- Ability to multi-task, make quick decisions and work in a team oriented, fast paced environment.
- Must have punctual and dependable attendance.
- Free from alcohol and drugs.
- Assist with the security and safety of company employees and property.
- Successful complete job specific checklist within 90 days of employment.
- May be asked to participate in activities outside of Goodwill.
- Attend in-service and related training as assigned by Outlet Manager.
- Other duties as assigned by Outlet Manager or GM of Post Retail.