The Customer Service/Inside Sales Representative’s primary role is to support the Sales Department through direct interaction with customers by handling incoming calls, quotation requests and orders via phone, fax, and e-mail. Customer service duties include entering quotations and orders in the system, informing customers of back-orders and other relevant information, and providing data and submittals regarding the product.
- Provides support, order processing, back-order information, and other relevant information to customers.
- Answers customer questions, resolves customer concerns, and directs customers to co-workers who can provide further support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives, reviews, and enters customer orders.
- Facilitates resolution of inquiries and customer concerns related to the order delivery process.
- Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with an established base of accounts through excellent customer service.
- Handles inquiries about status, shipping, and standard pricing of products and/or services for all customers.
- Supports order tracking, price quoting, and scheduling.
- Responds to complaints and disputes within a reasonable limit of authority, and recognizes when to escalate customer service issues to the supervisor.
- Supports customers with referrals to the appropriate specialist for technical support and/or problem resolution when appropriate.
- Presents product promotions to customers to increase sales and customer awareness of products and services.
- Uses the computer system to provide information on pricing, availability, and alternate product selection to complete transactions.
- Resolves pricing situations encountered during customer transactions using current sales policies.
- Works effectively with others in a team-based environment to accomplish organizational goals and to identify and resolve problems.
- Works with outside sales on pricing, problem solving, and projects.
- Other duties as assigned.