Serve as integral member within Technical Support group by providing advanced technical support to Tier 2 personnel and customers. Provide lead support for the most complex technical issues. Identify and perform analysis on product performance trends. Work with customers to solve design problems in products. Serve as the internal expert in a specific field.
- Evaluate, analyze and make recommendations pertaining to the improvement of product maintenance, product design and operational performance.
- Support development of new products and the realization of performance enhancement and cost improvement ideas.
- Analyze, evaluate, and recommend new materials to support product design changes.
- Perform technical analysis of competitive products, services and/or competitor patents.
- Serve as technical escalation point for Tier 2 subject matter experts, provide advanced analysis and offer resolutions for most challenging issues.
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned by COE Technical Leader.
Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures.
FACILITY/GROUP SPECIFIC RESPOSIBILITIES
- Perform tasks assigned by COE Technical Leader.
- Provide advanced technical product support to team global subject matter experts (SMEs) assigned to perform 24/7 technical support to internal and external customer base.
- Supervise and support goal-oriented training and competency development programs for Tier 2 technicians/engineers to improve product knowledge and cross-discipline troubleshooting.
- Identify, investigate, consolidate and categorize product reliability trends to support product performance feedback.
- Provide technical content support for formal feedback to Product Engineering of global product or component performance and reliability related to design, maintenance, or operations.
- Perform product notification (PN) review (PIB, PIN, etc); support PN planning for release. Support / supervise implementation; perform tracking and reporting function.
- Prepare reports with damage assessments and recommended corrective / maintenance action based on customer and field service reports, and data from NOV logging or monitoring systems.
- Coordinate with internal and external specialists to support complex issue resolution. Cooperate with other business lines to provide the customers “Service Above All”
- Maintain close relationships and communication loops with Global Product Engineer and Product Engineering departments.
NOV’s headquarters is located in Houston, Texas, and we have more than 35,000 employees operating as a global family throughout 67 countries. We take pride in our people and continue to support the communities where we live and work.
We have a long tradition of pioneering innovations, which improve the cost-effectiveness, efficiency, safety and environmental impact of oil and gas operations.
NOV is made up of many different Business Sub-Segments. Here at the NOV Houston Bammel Facility, we are a part of the Rig Technologies Aftermarket Operations Sub-Business Segment, where we maintain and support NOV manufactured rig equipment through parts, service, and repair.
At NOV, we power the industry that powers the world